Notice of Annual General Meeting
FRONTIER DEVELOPMENTS PLC
(Incorporated and registered in England and Wales with no. 02892559)
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Company will be held at the registered offices of Frontier Developments plc at 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WG on 18 October 2016 at 9:15am (London time) for the following purposes:
To consider and, if thought fit, pass the following resolutions as ordinary resolutions:
Resolution 1. To receive and adopt the financial statements for the year ended 31 May 2016 together with the Reports of the Directors and Auditor thereon.
Resolution 2. To appoint Mr Charles Cotton as a Non-Executive Director in accordance with Article 67 of the Company’s Articles of Association (the ‘Articles’).
Resolution 3. To re-appoint Dr. David Braben as a Director, who has retired by rotation in accordance with Article 70 of the Articles and is therefore required to stand for re-election pursuant to Article 70 of the Articles.
Resolution 4. To re-appoint Mr David Gammon as a Non-Executive Director, who has retired by rotation in accordance with Article 70 of the Articles and is therefore required to stand for re-election pursuant to Article 70 of the Articles.
Resolution 5. To re-appoint Grant Thornton UK LLP as the Company’s Auditor in accordance with Section 489 of the Companies Act 2006 (the ‘Act’) until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting.
Resolution 6. To authorise the directors of the Company (the ‘Directors’) to determine the Auditor’s remuneration for the ensuing year.
Resolution 7. That in substitution for all authorities in existence immediately prior to this resolution being passed, the Directors be and are hereby generally and unconditionally authorised to exercise all powers of the Company, pursuant to Section 551 of the Act, to allot equity securities (within the meaning of Section 560 of the Act) up to an aggregate nominal amount of £56,854.22, which represents one-third of the nominal value of the Company’s issued share capital at the date of this notice, provided that this authority, unless renewed, varied or revoked by the Company in a general meeting, shall expire on the earlier of 15 months after the passing of this resolution or the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting of the Company to be held in 2017 save that the Company may before such expiry make an offer or agreement which would or might require equity securities to be allotted after such expiry and the Directors may allot equity securities in pursuance of such an offer or agreement as if the authority conferred hereby had not expired.
To consider and, if thought fit, pass the following resolution as a special resolution:
Resolution 8. THAT subject to the passing of resolution 7 above, the Directors be empowered in accordance with Section 570 of the Act to allot equity securities (within the meaning of Section 560 of the Act) for cash pursuant to the authority conferred on them pursuant to resolution 7 above as if Section 561(1) of the Act did not apply to any such allotment provided that this power shall be limited to:
a) the allotment of equity securities in connection with an open offer or otherwise in favour of ordinary shareholders in proportion (as nearly as possible) to the respective number of shares held, or deemed to be held, by them subject only to such exclusions or other arrangements as the Directors may consider appropriate to deal with fractional entitlements or problems arising in any territory or with the requirements of any recognised regulatory body or stock exchange in any territory; and
b) the allotment of equity securities (otherwise than pursuant to sub-paragraph (a) above) up to an aggregate nominal amount of £17,056.26 which represents one-tenth of the nominal value of the Company’s issued share capital as at the date of this notice, provided that this power shall expire on the earlier of 15 months after the passing of this resolution or the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting of the Company to be held in 2017 save that the Company may before such expiry make an offer or agreement which would or might require equity securities to be allotted after such expiry and the Board may allot equity securities in pursuance of such an offer or agreement as if the authority conferred hereby had not expired.
By order of the Board
8 September 2016
Frontier Developments plc 306 Science Park
Milton Road Cambridge CB4 0WG
To the Notice of Annual General Meeting
- A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is also entitled to appoint one or more proxies to attend, speak and vote instead of him. A member may appoint more than one proxy in relation to the meeting, provided that each proxy is appointed to exercise the rights attached to a different share or shares held by that member. The proxy need not be a member of the Company but must attend the meeting to represent you.
- You may not appoint more than one proxy to exercise rights attached to any one share. To appoint more than one proxy, you will need to complete a separate Form of Proxy in relation to each appointment. To request additional Forms of Proxy, please contact the Company Secretary on 01223 394300 or at Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WG. You will need to state clearly on each Form of Proxy the number of shares in relation to which the proxy is appointed. A failure to specify the number of shares a proxy appointment relates to or specifying a number of shares in excess of those held by the member will result in the proxy appointment being invalid.
- If you wish your proxy to speak on your behalf at the meeting, you will need to appoint your own choice of proxy (not the Chairman) and give your instructions directly to them. If you wish to appoint a proxy other than the Chairman, write the full name of your proxy in the box provided in the Form of Proxy.
- A vote withheld is not a vote in law, which means that the vote will not be counted in the calculation of votes for or against the resolution. In the absence of instructions, the person appointed proxy may vote or abstain from voting as he / she thinks fit on the specified resolutions and, unless otherwise instructed, may also vote or abstain from voting on any other matter (including amendments to resolutions) which may properly come before the meeting.
- In the case of joint holders, the signature of any one of them will suffice but the names of all joint holders should be stated. The vote of the senior who tenders a vote (whether in person or by proxy) will be accepted to the exclusion of the votes of the other holders.
For this purpose, seniority is determined by the order in which the names stand in the register of members in respect of the joint holding.
- To be effective, the Form of Proxy must be duly completed and deposited together with any power of attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is executed (or a duly certified copy of such power or authority) and lodged at PXS, Capita Asset Services, 34 Beckenham Road, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 4TU no later than 9.15am on 14 October 2016 (being not more than 48 hours (excluding non-working days) prior to the time fixed for the meeting).
- Whether or not you propose to attend the Annual General Meeting, please complete, sign and submit a Form of Proxy to our registrars Capita Asset Services, The Registry, 34 Beckenham Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 4TU by no later than the time and date specified above.
- Completion and return of the Form of Proxy will not preclude a shareholder from attending and voting in person at the meeting.
- The Company, pursuant to regulation 41 of the Uncertificated Securities Regulations 2001, specifies that only those members entered on the register of members of the Company by close of business UK time on 14 October 2016 (being not more than 48 hours (excluding non-working days) prior to the time fixed for the meeting) shall be entitled to attend and vote at the meeting or, if the meeting is adjourned, by close of business UK time on such date being not more than 48 hours (excluding non-working days) prior to the date fixed for the adjourned meeting. Changes to entries on the register of members after such time shall be disregarded in determining the right of any person to attend or vote at the meeting.
- The following documents will be available for inspection from the date of this notice until the meeting at the Company’s registered office and at the meeting convened by this notice:
- register of Directors’ share interests; and
- Directors’ service contracts and letters of appointment (as applicable).
- A corporation which is a member can appoint one or more corporate representatives who may exercise, on its behalf, all its powers as a member.
Annual Report and Accounts 2016: